Saturday, November 28, 2009

'Stiner's last day :-(

my girl Christine's last day in london. i knew this was coming, but i didn't know it would get here so FAST. this month has flown by and i can't imagine this city without her. boo to America for stealing her away.

despite the fact that i was sad, saturday was a day of exploration for me. firstly, it was my week for the house cleaning rota. i spent 2 blissful hours scrubbling, scouring, mopping, and tidying the place...my way. oh yeah, it's Jen Clean™ in here now baby!

after the cleaning fiesta, i walked to camden passage with Beth and Christine. camden passage is a local market on weekends, where i found some pressies for my fam and a few potential future ones for me as well. :-) i also bought a vegetarian cookbook because, even though i still REALLY LOVE MEAT, i can't afford to buy/cook it here and i can't keep getting my vegetables from drinking bloody marys. will be exciting to try some new recipes!


ha ha ha

there was also a spurs match today, so we headed to our favorite football bar, cafe kick, to enjoy the game, tapas, and pisco. i love pisco. it is so smooth and so delicious. it also hits you like a ton of bricks. :-) after four sagres (brazilian beer), a pisco sour, and a pisco + coke, i was barely able to walk to hobgoblin. i stuck it out though and even managed to get some dancin' in, as well as make a new friend.


pisco, pisco, pisco!


i'm so excited and i just can't hide it


not even going to hypothesize about what's going on here

but, as all good things must come to an end (really, universe?), it was soon time to walk back to the clerkenwell flat with Christine, where we had a tearful goodbye. hence, phase 1 of london is officially over for me. phase 2 is london without any ties to my old life being here in the city with me.

how many phases will there be? only time will tell. ;-)