Friday, November 27, 2009

naughty friday™

i actually enjoyed a bit of peace and quiet in the office on friday, and since it was Christine's last day in the London digs, i decided to join my co-workers for fish n' chips and pints at lunch! i had my first pear cider - pretty good but i like apple better. this is kind of funny because i didn't enjoy cider at all in my previous life (same thing with olives). has this grey island caused my taste buds to change???

ah, but i digress. back to naughty friday. i was happy (but not drunk) after a pint or so of cider; however, some folks decided to hit another pub on the walk back to the office. (really, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a pub around here.) i'm usually nonsense after two pints...and it was a work day...and then one of my colleagues reminded me that we are usually too busy to take advantage of such opportunities. well. when in rome...

after a lengthy lunch, i made it back to my desk and then we left at 5:30 for Christine's going away drinks! we wandered across clerkenwell green (which by the way, is not green) to the three kings pub. i was so full from all the noontime nonsense that i switched to wine after just one happy hour pint. it was freezing out (winter is finally here), so we walked over to a pub called the green where we could be indoors. but we brought our drinks from the three kings.

man i love london. :-)

i really enjoyed hanging with my co-workers, although i learned that you should not say the following things to brits:

"whoa, way to double fist!" (has nothing to do with having two drinks at once here)

"my flap is being really tricky" (i was referring to my mitten flap. they thought i meant something else.)

doh. Beth and Lou met us out and we had a few more rounds, a shot of Jaeger, then went off in search of dinner. there's a great curry place on the green so we headed there. it was kind of a nice restaurant, i'm sure they were impressed with our impaired states of consciousness. ha.


a few of my adorable co-workers


the trifecta

No comments: