Wednesday, November 4, 2009

better...

today was much more uplifting than yesterday:

1) after 5 phone calls, 2 faxes, and 2 emails, one of my US banks is FINALLY going ahead with the wire transfer to my UK bank!

2) i found an ATM that likes my US ATM card...hello, sterling!

3) the morning started off with a really good crit (critique) at work on a problematic project. while i had nothing to do with the excellent designs, it makes me happy to see my design team happy.

4) i got a UK cell phone and lunch (spanish tortilla from a deli around the corner) all by myself. (it's the little things, really)

5) one of my hip London co-workers went to happy hour with me! was fun to get to know her outside of work, even if it did mean i went flat-hunting a bit tipsy.

6) i went flat hunting by myself and found the place after asking only one person for directions.

7) i figured out how to work the fan in the bathroom. it requires me batting at the on/off switch with a wooden spatula, since it is way taller than my dwarven arms will reach.

8) we got free cake today at work. apparently every wednesday at 4 pm, someone in the office hosts "tea" with loads of good snacks. oddly enough, i saw no one drinking tea.

No comments: