Tuesday, January 19, 2010

you win, universe. but so do i.

things started off pretty well today. i woke up with my 6:50 alarm and didn't hit the snooze button. instead, i went for a run! i was supposed to have dinner with some co-workers tonight so i wanted to get a bit of exercise done in the morning. post run as i was getting out of the shower, i got a message that dinner was canceled. boo. however, since it's tuesday it meant i could go to the niketown run.

i know, i already ran once. but i only ran for 30 minutes, the niketown run is only a mile longer, and i like the social aspect. :-) so i re-packed my running gear and scooted off to work. about an hour into my day i realized i was STARVING. i thought back to what i had for breakfast and realized that i left my bowl of ready brek in the microwave. oopsies. i ate two slices of whole-wheat peanut butter toast to rescue my blood sugar and went about my business.

work itself wasn't bad despite the fact that we are really getting busy and i spent all day writing cost estimates. (math = ick) i scooted out at 5:55 to catch the bus to my run. the busses are supposed to run every 6-9 minutes during rush hour.

6:00. no bus.

6:05. no bus.

6:10. no bus.

6:15. no. bus.

6:20. bus finally came. the optimist in me was hoping there was some chance i'd make it to WC1 by 6:30.

the journey took 25 minutes. i didn't even try to chase the group (which i have done before, also due to a very late bus), i just wandered into the underground and got on the tube. (you know, to mix things up so i wouldn't be riding the EXACT SAME ROUTE back to EC :-)

i really didn't feel like sitting around tonight, but apparently this is what the universe wanted. also, it gave me the opportunity to spend the better part of an hour wandering around london in shorts. and i totally haven't shaved my legs in at least a week. and it is about 40 degrees here.

so, clearly the nike run just wasn't meant to be today. you win there, universe.

but i got a few good miles in this AM AND 10 people responded to my greetings as i ran by them. yea! so i win too. morning has broken and apparently, so have the icy brits.

1 comment:

CKron said...

I'm cold picturing you in them shorts : )