Thursday, January 14, 2010

are you kidding me?

i got a little love note from credit card company this morning, basically stating that my bill was overdue and that my count was in arrears. i don't know what arrears are but i don't like the sound of them. it was quite frustrating as i checked last week to make sure online bill pay was set up. it was. so today i went online to pay the bill manually. denied. tried again. denied. i called citibank who said my account was locked and that they would unlock it straight away. fine.

tried calling the credit card company to pay over the phone and they said my bank account didn't have enough funds in it, which is ludicrous because i was LOOKING at my online bank statement and i actually do have money, despite all my jokes about being broke.

just as i tried to click around the citibank site, my account froze and booted me out. so i called citi. again. they froze my account because my bank statements, which have been going to my non-existent US address for whatever reason, came back. no one called to tell me this. they just closed things down.

the guy on the phone told me he would transfer me, i would have to go through the numerical security system again, at which point i'd be put on hold, AGAIN, and then could talk to someone about changing my address. then, he said, they could unlock the account. we changed my address and my phone beeped at me. as i was logging into the citi site to ensure things were kosher (and making the guy stay on the phone with me until i was in) my fucking pay-as-you-go phone ran out of money, so i was promptly disconnected.

and i still can't get into the site.

i guess i'll call them back from work this afternoon, because i can't top up my phone due to my bank account being frozen and i can't charge the top up to my credit card, because my account is now "in arrears" until i can unlock the bloody bank account and pay the credit card bill.

i know, in the grand scheme of life this isn't a big deal. but i'm not a happy camper right now...perhaps one day this will all seem amusing...

1 comment:

CKron said...

Ugh! Wrestle with that tiger instead.