Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Monday and Tuesday, Florence and Siena

So, I'm back to 55+ hours per week and have no time to post. Coupled with the fact that you are probably not as amused by my vacation photos as I am, I have selected a few from each day of the rest of the trip :)


Church in Florence that I forget the name of. We caught the sun coming up behind it at just the right time!


Our little 'jaunt' on Monday morning turned into a cardio workout. Adam bounded to the top like a puppy while the rest of us huffed and puffed our way up the stairs.


I like Florence better from up here :) (Adam not such a fan of heights...)


It was so peaceful up on the hill above Florence. No tourists, just us and the smell of Cyprus (?) trees.


Ha.


Our next stop on the trip was the walled city of Siena, about an hour's drive from Florence (this is not our car). Siena was clean, less crowded, and in some places looked like it hadn't changed since Medieval times...we had finally wandered into the Old World...


Fantastic! We wanted to buy and cook everything we saw.


Amazing gelato with the fam


Hangin' with dad


We kept seeing these masks everywhere and never figured out why


Every street in Siena had character


Adam and I spent about half an hour just looking out at the hills. I fancy a career as an olive picker. I bet I could wear overalls everyday if I wanted.


This dinner at Osteria di Nonna Gina ties for the best meal I have ever had (other best meal was in Paris at Moissonier or whatever it's called). The menus were all handwritten and all in Italian. We were able to decipher most of it! Pam and I had gnocchi with secret sauce (we think it was a walnut pesto of some sort). I scraped my plate clean.

No comments: