Friday, February 26, 2010

surprise me



one of my favorite things that i've found in the UK are kinder surprise eggs. i know they have these in other countries but i never saw them in the states, so to ME the ability to have as many eggs as i want is another novelty of living in england. (as an aside, my pal Adam finds it hilarious that americans refer to this country as england)

anywho. when Beth and I were leaving Malta she wanted something sweet in the airport and so i bought a family pack of surprise eggs (duty free = big ass packages). it was a looney tunes themed pack, which meant i got a tasmanian devil in my first egg. i saved the rest and forgot about the last egg until the other day.

the possibilities always seem endless just before you unwrap one of these bad boys...

the tasmanian devil in the other egg was cute but useless, so imagine my utter surprise (ha) and delight when i unwrapped this little guy:



it's a squirt gun! a tiny, adorable, unexpected squirt gun. entertaining AND functional. it really doesn't take much to make me happy.

2 comments:

CKron said...

Wait, so there's a toy inside the chocolate egg?

Jives said...

Yes!!!! The egg is really thin and splits in half, and inside is a little capsule thing with a toy! Better than the prize at the bottom of the cereal box!