Sunday, October 18, 2009

procrastination

I keep trying to pack. I really do. Yesterday I was up at 4:30 am (not on purpose) and decided since I couldn't sleep, I may as well put some more stuff into boxes. The problem is that I keep finding things I forgot I had, then spending too much time oohing and ahhing over them. Found object del dia? The Action Heroine's Handbook. I discovered this buried on my bookshelf and hence ended up sitting around reading for the better part of an hour, when I should have been...packing.

So, I'm a bit behind but I can tell you, I'm now an expert at things like how to ward off the undead or drink my opponents under the table. Highly useful in the UK probably.

I also find that I need to listen to music while packing (attempting to pack). I just downloaded some new tunes and keep listening to the same three over, and over, and over again (my neighbors adore me, I'm sure). If you're curious, these are the three songs the good people of Torrence and I have been enjoying for the past two days:

Heavy Cross - Gossip
Love Etc. - The Pet Shop Boys
Sentimental Hearts (Ludacris vs. She & Him) - The Hood Internet

Ok. Off to try to sort through my shoe collection....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Shoes are twice as much here in Croatia as back home, so I stick to the 12 pairs I've brought, but about 30 had to get left behind. I only miss them some days.

Good luck in London! It will be a great experience.