Monday, November 24, 2008

Via Chicago

Wilco? Anyone? Never mind.

I spent my last day of vacation hanging out in airplanes and airports. Susie was up before me in the morning, which meant I spent the last 20 minutes of sleepy time with my ass on the ground (our air mattress deflated every night). I pretended it was a Craftmatic bed...

We said goodbye to Shawn at 6 am and headed to our first airport of the day, PDX. Flying from Portland into Salt Lake City was pretty cool - snowy mountains out one window and sand/lakes out the other. We landed in Salt Lake and checked the boards for our Columbus flight, where we noticed that there was a flight headed to Chicago Midway at the exact same time as ours with the exact same flight number. Augh!!!!

After a two-hour layover in Utah, we flew to Midway, then finally back to Columbus where we got in after 9 pm. If nothing else, we managed to hit all four time zones in the span of one day. Impressive, no? We stopped for Taco Bell on the car trip home (Taco Bell, by the way, does not taste nearly as good if you're sober) and finally made it to Cincinnati around 11 pm...

No comments: