Monday, October 24, 2011

Fashionista

I have been feeling the urge to sew lately and decided to wander on over to the john lewis haberdashery and see what patterns struck my fancy. I really wanted to make a dress (Actually I really wanted to take a dressmaking workshop since I have not made anything this complicated before, but the workshop sold out! Nevermind.)

I settled on a pattern from vogue - it was from the 'very easy dress' collection :) After a quick check I decided on grey jersey for the fabric, since I liked the colour and it was soft. Two sunday afternoons, one call to Grandma, and fewer ripped out seams than I thought, I had made my first dress! I pimped it out with a new belt and scarf and wore it to work, even though it borders on the short side :)




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job!!

CKron said...

Wow - nice work!