Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Indonesian treats!

One of my flatmates is from Indonesia and was kind enough to bring all of us pressies back from her last visit home. She hand-picked gifts for everyone, so we all got a mix of stuff depending on our tastes. My packet of goodies included:

The cutest wooden spoon/fork set - the handles are fish!


Tim Tam chocolate cookies


Sesame seed cookies

Plus the coolest ramen noodles I have ever eaten


Seriously. I eagerly busted into the package that I couldn't read, boiled the kettle, dumped the water and the noodles into a bowl, and realized...I don't remember how to actually make ramen. I know it's not hard but I think I missed out on a critical step, like boiling them on the stove or something.

Any way, it didn't matter because the noodles eventually cooked and I was able to mix in the FOUR packets it came with:

Peanuts
Chili powder
Some sort of sauce
And some other sort of sauce

It tasted really good and put Instant Ramen right to shame. Even if the flavour hadn't been so good (which it was), I actually had quite a fun time just assembling the ingredients. I reckon I might be easily entertained...

No comments: