Saturday, December 19, 2009

we three kings

last night, our office had a leaving do (brit speak for going away party) for two of my co-workers. one of the great things about working in clerkenwell is the copious amount of pubs. i could throw a rock out the front window and hit three different places, one of which is the three kings.

three kings is small, always packed, sweltering hot inside, and they don't take cards. oh, and the staff know many of my co-workers by name. i tend to drink beer or cheap white wine when i go out in london, mainly because it's what i can afford. however, we had a company tab running so i helped myself to a double G&T. :-) seven hours, seven G&Ts, and a shot of vodka later we had closed down the pub (note: the company tab stopped in like, hour two). pubs here close early, around 11:30, but due to our rapport with the bartenders, they let us stay longer...they just shot off the lights. my memory of the evening is fuzzy, but a few interesting bits and bobs:

one of my co-workers was wearing a She-Ra costume.

i sang a few bette midler tunes for no reason (that i can remember) - three kings is NOT a karaoke bar.

i didn't get out of bed until noon today, couldn't find my shoes OR my keys, and i have about £2 (in change) left to my name. :-)

No comments: