Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Orquillos?

I MIGHT know where I'm going next week! Yay! I mean, it's kind of irrelevant but at least I can look at it on Google Earth now. :-)

It's not 100% guaranteed, but there is a strong likelihood I'll be going here:

http://travelingluck.com/South%20America/Peru/Cusco/_3933943_Quebrada+Orquillos.html#local_map

It appears to be in the middle of nowhere...again, yay! However, it may not be as rustic as I thought. The guy I was talking to today said I would probably be sleeping in a school or a community center. Maren and I are having flashbacks to 6th grade lock-ins, ha ha. Dude wasn't completely sure about anything, so I guess I'll just figure things out when we arrive.

I will say that while sleeping in a building with four walls might be more comfortable than a hut, I was sort of looking forward to sleeping in pretty rustic conditions. And who knows, it still could be (heaven only knows what a school looks like there). Regardless, I can't wait to get out of the daily grind. Eight days!

No comments: